- My best friend is pregnant with twins!!! I've known for a long time now, but she's finally telling everyone else, so I feel OK with telling my world. Yay!!! I'm so excited!! I can't wait until those babies arrive and I can help my friend - because she's going to need all the help she can get. This Wednesday, we'll hopefully find out what she's having (if the babies cooperate). And, on Friday at work, I was sitting in my friend's office talking when she felt the babies move for the first time. That was so cool. :-)
- On Tuesday night, I had dinner with my best friend and Trish. I had such a nice time hanging out and talking about all kinds of stuff. I tend to forget how good it is to get out and be with friends since I do it so rarely. Plus, it's refreshing to be out with people that do not climb all over me while I'm eating, blow bubbles in their drinks, or talk about boogies or poop during dinner. ;-)
- A and R "surprised" me on Valentine's Day morning with a beautiful potted orchid plant, fancy chocolates, and a tin of rooibos tea. Plus, a handmade card. R was very upset with himself that he messed up writing his name on it. And, when he accidentally spilled the beans to me about my surprise the night before, he was so sad! Poor little man.
- My huge project at work that has been dragging on for almost a year due to delay after delay is finally going to be done next week! I think I may actually try to take a day off soon afterwards so I can relax a little and clean my house, which has been neglected for weeks now because of work and my class.
- The writers' strike is over, which means that "The Office" will be back soon!
- So far, I've been able to stick to my fast for Lent: I don't eat anything after dinner. That probably doesn't sound very hard, but it's actually been very challenging for me because I always snack at night while I'm on the couch working or watching TV. When I first told A that that's what I was doing for Lent, he laughed. He honestly thought I was kidding because it seemed so ridiculous that I'd be able to give up my evening sugar. But I'm doing it, and it feels good!
- Sunshine. Although I also thank God for rainy days and snowy days, I've been especially thankful this week when the sun has been out. When it's sunny and 20 degrees, it's much easier to bear the cold.
- A long, holiday weekend!
- A and R, for putting up with me and loving me even when I'm crabby.
That's all I can think of for now, although I know there is always much to be thankful for, even when I can't see it.