[I started this on Wednesday afternoon ... ]
I was just thinking this morning about how I have nothing much to write about*, and then I checked email this morning and Teachermom had tagged me for a meme. Cool!
*I since remembered that R asked me this morning how another baby would get into my belly. I'll save that story for later this week. ;-)
Here are the rules:
(1) Link to the person that tagged you.
(2) Post the rules on your blog.
(3) Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
(4) Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
(5) Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
OK, here we go:
1) One of my most favorite jobs ever was being a chambermaid for a motel in the historical/touristy seaside town where I grew up. It was great! I got exercise (besides constantly moving, we had to carry huge piles of heavy sheets on both shoulders up several flights of stairs). I was done with work most days by 3 p.m. And, I got paid to clean!!! Cleaning is one of my favorite things to do - it actually calms me. It is so gratifying to me to make things look perfect, especially folding the towels a certain way and leaving little packaged soaps and shampoo and stationery. However, you would never know this about me based on the current state of my house.
2) I like the smell of skunk spray. But not when it's so overpowering that it smells like a skunk exploded (like it does sometimes in our basement - yuck). And, just so you don't think I'm a complete lunatic, my favorite other smells are: lemons, hot apple cider, and the smell of onions and celery being sauteed in butter (on Thanksgiving Day, getting ready to go into the stuffing).
3) I cry at the end of "It's a Wonderful Life" EVERY SINGLE TIME. In fact, I cry at the part in the very beginning where you can hear Mary and the kids and George's friends praying for him.
4) I am a Nascar fan. A liberal, Yankee, Democrat Nascar fan. LOL. I don't get to watch the races much anymore because I don't want to waste half of our weekend family time in front of the TV. But when R is older, we're planning on taking him to races once in awhile.
5) If I could change my occupation, I would become a stay-at-home mom. And, if I couldn't do that, I would open a tea shop. Or an antiques shop (if I was also somehow independently wealthy and could afford to scour for and purchase antiques for my shop). Although someday when R is grown, I would love to run a bed & breakfast with A. He loves to cook breakfast (and is amazing at it) and just cook in general, and I love to clean, so I could do all the housekeeping (see #1)!
6) I have just started painting. Whenever R and I break out his paintbrushes and paints as a project, I do my own paintings just for fun, and A has been telling me that I should keep it up because he really likes them. So we'll see. I've saved a few of them - maybe I'll take pictures and post them sometime for y'all. But I'm using fingerpaints and a ginormous brush, so don't expect much. LOL.
OK, I'm going to tag my family members to try to get them to update their blogs: Mom, Johanna, Ericka, Shaun, and Dad - that means you! Plus, Trish, for the rare day when she isn't filled with witty inspiration.
Happy weekend, everyone! I'm 90% done with my homework a day early this week, and I'm looking forward to breakfast with friends tomorrow, going to the frame store to finally get my beautiful print from Wanda framed, and possibly ice skating on Sunday. But most of all, I just want to enjoy my time with my boys.