Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Happy happy joy joy!

Congratulations to Linda who gave birth to a baby girl early this morning!

Today was just a great day. It was a perfect, fall-like day here: sunny but cool, with the brightest blue sky and beautiful puffy clouds.

When I left the house this morning to catch the bus, R ran out the back door to yell across the street to me: "Be careful, Mommy! Don't fall down! Don't run! Don't step in any gum!"

At the Downtown Crossing subway stop where I change trains, a man was singing, "The Garden Song" - one of my favorite songs to sing with R. It made me so happy to hear it, I was seriously tempted to stand next to the guy and sing with him.

Work was busy and productive (woohoo!). I finally finished this really annoying project that has been on my to-do list for weeks.

I met A and R after work in Davis Square for BBQ at Redbones. R and I shared catfish fingers, macaroni and cheese, and cornbread. A and I shared a big ol' side of collard greens. And, I washed it down with a HUGE lemonade. Yum. R ate well (in terms of quantity) for the first time in what seems like weeks.

And, to top off a wonderful day, I didn't have to bring any work home with me!! Yay! That means I got to enjoy the bedtime routine with R (all 3 hours of it...yawn) without being stressed out.

I hope everyone has a day full of simple joys this week.

p.s. A's MacBook has this really cool built-in camera. Add to that Apple's Photo Booth program, and here are some self-portraits that don't make me want to cry. I even like the eerie blue computer glow in the first one. ;-)


2 comments:

Wanda said...

Yes, Happy and Joy...what a nice day, and I also love the pictures. And R...making sure mommy is going to be ok...don't step in gum....love it.

shaun said...

COOL ,
GLAD YOU HAD A GOOD DAY .
TALK TO YOU SOON .