I'll write a "real" post later this week, but here are the highlights of my holidays:
- I got to spend Christmas Eve afternoon wrapping presents, watching "White Christmas," and munching on homemade chocolate chip cookies.
- R waking up on Christmas morning and being more concerned with proof that Santa is real than with opening his presents. ("There are CRUMBS on the cookie plate, Mommy!!! But where did Santa get the purple marker to write back to me?") I'm not big on the whole Santa thing, but R was so cute about it that I went along with it. :-)
- Taking a walk around the neighborhood on Christmas afternoon to deliver cards to our neighbors and because it was so amazingly warm outside!
- Going to visit my dad the day after Christmas for a Swedish food extravaganza.
- Taking R to Edaville Railroad on Friday night for amusement park rides, a holiday lights train ride, and hot cider. It's becoming a tradition for us, and we had so much fun. This year we stayed for the fireworks, which were quite good!
- And...(I almost forgot this one!) my sister Ericka got married! Yay!
More details and pictures to come soon!