Monday, July 16, 2007

I almost forgot!

A friend sent me an email over the weekend that reminded me that I never posted about how my first Thursday off with R went! It was wonderful! R was very insistent that it was a day just for the two of us, so A headed in to work for an extra day, which worked out well for him, too.

In the morning, R and I headed to the little "beach" in our town. We ended up staying for three hours. It was a bit chilly so we didn't do a lot of swimming, but we waded near the edge of the water, dug holes in the sand to make lakes and rivers, played at the playground for awhile, had lunch and an ice cream, and just had a lot of fun together.

After the beach, we headed home to play with Play-doh and cars and to bake blueberry buckle. R called it "blueberry buckie," so I think that's what I'll call it from now on because it sounds so cute. We also went to the toy store to get him a bat and ball because he's been talking about baseball recently. He had been playing his version of baseball with a plastic pole and a squishy football in his bedroom, so I figured I'd get him something a little closer to the real thing.

It was exactly the kind of day I've been wanting to have with him. And, I was relaxed and completely focused on him (instead of work). I wasn't even wiped out at the end of the day! I'm so thankful that I have this time with R now. It even made me more energized for work the next day. So I think it's going to be a good thing all around for me.

3 comments:

LEstes65 said...

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

That's the sound of me freaking out because you made blueberry buckle and I'm not THERE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! So happy to read that you had such a nice day off with Rix and that you were able to leave work in the office! xoxo

Kristen said...

Nettie - next time we see each other, you make the Chocolate Chess Pie and I'll make the Blueberry Buckle. And no one else gets any - except maybe Alicia. :-)

Thanks, Stef! And thanks for reminding to post about it. ;-)