Monday, September 8, 2008

This week's menu plan

I should really post these on Saturday because that's when we create the list, and Saturday ends up being the first day of the plan. Maybe next week!

Saturday:
My mom's pork chops, rice, and mushroom gravy recipe with steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots (R had peas and corn)

Sunday: From the grill - hamburgers and hot dogs, corn on the cob [Ended up being hot dogs and corn on the cob from the stove - we were exhausted after the antiques fair]

Monday:
Rosemary and garlic linguine tossed with olive oil and freshly grated parmesan, sauteed spinach with garlic and mushrooms

Tuesday:
Spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread (can you tell we're big on garlic in our house? you can probably smell our breath from where you are, but I swear it helps keep mosquitoes away - and, of course, vampires)

Wednesday (Mommy-R night):
Chicken tenders, Annie's mac-n-cheese, pear or nectarine slices

Thursday:
Out or take-out

Friday:
Teachermom's Chicken Enchiladas

I also need to figure out when to have the asparagus we bought on Saturday. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Cap'n Slappy said...

I have taken the coolest book out of the library a bunch of times-Cresent Dragonwagon "The Passionate Vegetarian" that has the BEST recipes for vegetables, I'll email you one tomorrow. I have a feeling that might not be her birth name. But she eats dairy, so everything's really good, except for the garlic pasta, which maybe I screwed up. Eight cloves of raw garlic pretty much resulted in pain here. Congrats on your menu, and Calvin actually loves preschool, he was really shy but one boy(who reminded me so much of R!) came over to him and said"Come play with us!" and that was it, I bring him there in the morning and he runs off to his friends and is too busy to kiss me goodbye(stifled sob). And I have 2 and a half blissful hours to myself each day, for now, during which I train my dogs and frenetically clean my house, which may sound unappealing, but isn't- take a 11/2 hour nature walk, and then feed animals, and wash dishes and do laundry and prepare for meals, so I don't have to do it later, when everyone is home. This is the first block of free time I've had, except for going to the grocery store in the middle of the night or going to work, in 8 years. So preschool is awesome, I'm just glad Cal agrees! Love and miss you guys!

Greg C said...

I would lightly steam it and serve it with the hambergers. I can't believe you plan everything out like that.

Ericka said...

mmmm.... asparagus & shitake mushroom omelets..... or just steamed. marce makes asparagus crepes that are really good, but probably take 43 hours to assemble.