Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 30 - 30 Days of Thanks: Discipline

This is it - Day 30! I made it!

On my final day of 30 Days of Thanks, I'm thankful for discipline. Which is funny because it's something I don't have much of anymore. (Case in point: The Halloween candy bowl.)

I undertook this 30 Days of Thanks project not only because I wanted to take the time to be thankful, but also because I wanted to force myself to write something every day. I wanted to do this for me, to make time for something that wasn't work or cleaning or being in charge of our little household.

It was really hard sometimes. I spent a lot of nights typing away on my laptop until 1 or 2 a.m. and got far too little sleep. I slipped behind in posting when I was sick and exhausted. I started running out of ideas even though I had brainstormed many posts in advance, before I even started this project on Day 1.

But I did it, and I'm really proud of myself. I'm thankful that I managed to squeak out enough discipline to get through it. It was fun, and I enjoyed the challenge.

Thank you for coming along for the ride - for reading one, a few, or all of my 30 Days of Thanks posts.

I'm hopeful that I will keep posting often - probably not every day, but we'll see!

In the meantime, I'm practicing a new discipline: making sure I get at least 7 hours of sleep. In fact, I'm off to practice that right now.

Happy December, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I remember when I did NaBloPoMo and wrote a post every day during February. It was draining by the end, but I did feel a sense of accomplishment at finishing. Congrats girl! xoxo

kc bob said...

Great series Kristen! I have loved reading along and being inspired by your thankfulness.