Friday, May 9, 2008

Unexpected blessings

Tonight, while we were playing Chutes & Ladders with R before his bedtime, the phone rang. It was Mike, one of A's friends who we haven't seen in awhile (even though he lives only a few blocks away from us). He asked if he could come over for a few minutes because he had something for us. This made R extremely excited - to the point where he was waiting on the back steps in the rain for Mike to arrive. But when Mike came, his surprise was a single, perfect, peach rose for me for Mother's Day. I am just so touched and humbled by his thoughtfulness.

So, Lord, please bless Mike tonight. Thank you for the overwhelming kindness of friends and for the little surprises that you send my way. Amen.

4 comments:

sandwhichisthere said...

Tiki masala, I assume that it is an Indian dish. Indian food is often very spicy. I am surprised that Rix is so fond of it, most children don't like spicy food. Does he like it spicy or toned down?
daddy

kc bob said...

Happy Mothers Day Kristen!!

Trish Ryan said...

Awww...that's amazing!

Happy Mother's Day :)

LEstes65 said...

Oh that's awesome. My neighbor (also divorced) brought me a peace lily. I think he understood how family holidays can still hurt this early into the process.

Bless Mike. What a good friend.