Sunday, November 14, 2010

Days 11-13 - 30 Days of Thanks: Family

I feel badly that I didn't have a chance to post over the last few days. We were visiting my family in Florida, and somehow I just never found a good time to hole up with the computer and post my thankful entries. But we're home now, and I'm trying to get back on track!

What I should be thankful for this week is air travel, since it's what allowed me to visit with my family. Well, air travel plus the Veterans Day holiday, plus a fantastic 50% off Jet Blue sale. I am very thankful for all of those things. I feel very blessed to have been able to take this trip.

But the point of our trip was to see my mom and stepdad, my sister and her husband, and my three nephews - and we had such a nice time! R loves being with his cousins. Even though they've only seen each other a handful of times in their lives, they get along beautifully and it's like they've never been apart.

Cousins making silly faces
I miss my sisters a lot, and it was really great to spend almost a whole day with my middle sister. We just hung out and talked and laughed and then took the kids to a playground. I wish we could do that every week.

Being with my mom always feel homey and special. She made us an early Thanksgiving dinner, took us to a beautiful island where we enjoyed the beach and walked a nature trail, and went mini-golfing with us. But I enjoy sitting and chatting and watching TV with her just as much as going on special excursions.

Right before we headed home to Boston - R was exhausted!
So, for days 11 through 13, I'm thankful for my family and the precious time we got to spend together this week. It was a short visit, but a very sweet one!


Now, I would be eternally thankful for someone to come and unpack the suitcases for me! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip! R looks like he had so much fun with his cousins, and I'm sure you had a wonderful time with your sisters and mom. xoxo